It will be time to Spring Ahead before you head off to bed on Saturday night.
If you want to be exact, take care of this chore at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
For anyone who has forgotten, starting Sunday, March 8, you will get to enjoy an extra hour of daylight. Of course there is a price to pay as it will stay darker for an hour longer in the morning.
And if you want to plan ahead, mark your calendars as a reminder to Fall Back on Nov. 1 when we revert to Standard Time.
The main purpose of Daylight Saving Time (called “Summer Time” in many places in the world) is to make better use of daylight.
We change our clocks during the summer months to move an hour of daylight from the morning to the evening.
What are the benefits of Daylight Saving Time?
• There’s more light to enjoy in the evening.
• The crime rate drops during daylight saving time.
• It minimizes energy consumption (and lowers your costs).
• It lowers the incidence of traffic violations.
• Reset your clocks the night before.
• Catch some extra ZZZs.