SUNAPEE — Last year Sunapee Nordic skiers finished in the lower third of the State Meet in both skate and classic events, however the team swept all skimiester positions (Gold, Silver, Bronze) in both the girls and boys divisions.
SUNAPEE — The Sunapee Laker girls tripped up Derryfield Tuesday night for their first victory of the season, 39-28.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs have been dominant against the AFC West since Andy Reid’s arrival in 2013, winning so often against their most frequent opponents that it's little surprise they’re close to wrapping up a third straight division title.
SUNAPEE — David Reynolds, an 18-year old college freshman at WPI, took control of the 17th Annual Sunapee 5k Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning at the very start and was never challenged on his way to an easy first-place finish.
MANCHESTER — Quinten Bicknell, Phillip Mason and Keaghan McAllister have been playing together since the third grade” We are such a close family, they are my brothers” said Mason. Although this season ended before they wanted under the bright sunshine on a turf field at Trinity, this group w…
LACONIA — Big plays from the defending state champions propelled Winnisquam to their second straight title with a win over the pesky Wildcats on a frigid night(25 degrees at the start) to cement a perfect season for the Bears. Three big plays sealed the win for Winnisquam in a game that was …
NEWPORT — Fourteen coaches have been approved to lead Newport Middle School and Newport High School sports teams this winter.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — With Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Lou Williams on the court, the Boston Celtics had to pick someone to leave unguarded.
- Coach Cooney to skiers, ‘Have fun, be competitive and enjoy N.E. outdoors’
- Sunapee Alpine skiers ready for new season
- Sunapee topples Derryfield to even its record at 1-1
- Newport defeats Mascoma, 39-37
- Sunapee boys have seven veterans back
- Chiefs and Patriots plenty familiar ahead of Sunday showdown
- Reynolds, Heinrich are winners in 5k Sunapee Turkey Trot race
- Newport football goes down to D-IV in 2020
- Cardinals season ends at Trinity, 48-15
- Dream season ends for Wildcats, 20-0
- Clippers edge Celtics 107-104 in OT with Leonard and George
- Tatum scores 26 to lead Celtics over Suns 99-85
- Lack of offense leaves Brady, Patriots fans concerned
- Sunapee bid for repeat falls short
- Sunapee wins state championship in O/T, 2-1
- Trinity downs Newport, 35-0, as Thibault scores four TD’s
- Losing to Eagles still bugs Patriots’ Brady, motivated him
- Celtics beat Wizards 140-133 despite 44 points from Beal
- Hoffman scores in SO, Panthers rally to beat Bruins 5-4
- Celtics beat Hornets 108-87 in Walker's return to Charlotte
- Newport closes season with third-straight win
- Kearsarge girls shine at Division III meet
- Football tournament action starts Saturday
- Lakers top Woodsville, punch ticket to finals
- Sunapee headed to semifinals after 3-0 win
- Unbeaten no more, Patriots fall to Jackson and Ravens 37-20
- Tatum jumper lifts Celtics to 104-102 win over Knicks
- Pastrnak sparks Bruins 5-2 win over Senators
- Of a Feather: How many nuts can a nuthatch hack?
- Newport holds off Laconia, 14-6; Trinity is likely playoff opponent
- USNH trustees freeze in-state tuition charges
- Nationals top Astros in Game 7 to win 1st World Series title
- Marchand, Bergeron lead Bruins to 7-4 win over Rangers
- Tiger Woods ties Sam Snead's record of 82 PGA Tour wins
- Red Sox confirm Chaim Bloom is team's new baseball boss
- Belichick wins 300th, perfect Patriots beat Browns 27-13
- Cole, powerful Astros hammer Nats 7-1, lead World Series 3-2
- Walker helps Celtics pull away, beat winless Knicks 118-95
- Bruins blank Blues 3-0 in 1st meeting since losing Cup final
- What is America's game? 3 sports, 3 American eras
- Newport playoff opportunity gains steam with 26-14 win
- Cross Country Meets Saturday
- Strasburg stars as Nats rout Astros 12-3 for 2-0 Series lead
- 76ers top Celtics 107-93 in 1st battle of East favorites
- Pastrnak scores 10th, Bruins beat Maple Leafs 4-2
- Stevens and Newport face big tests on the road
- Patriots blitz Darnold, Jets 33-0 to remain undefeated
- Girls soccer field loaded with talent
- Unbeaten Raiders roll over Stevens
- Somersworth tops Newport, 13-7
Area College Athletics
NEW LONDON — The Colby-Sawyer College women’s basketball team defeated Middlebury, 72-65, to hand the Panthers their first loss of the season on Saturday.
NEW LONDON — The Colby-Sawyer College men’s basketball team scored 46 points in the paint en route to an 83-59 victory over Rivier on Tuesday evening.
PLYMOUTH, N.H. - November 26, 2019 - Colby-Sawyer senior Lexie Hamilton (Sunapee, N.H.) became the program's 16th member of the 1000-point club, and second player this year, as the Chargers defeated Plymouth State 73-58.
DURHAM, N.H. – These are exciting, challenging times for the University of New Hampshire men’s hockey team.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. — Seniors Dean Bean (Franklin, N.H.) and Patrick Coffey (Westford, Mass.) each scored 20 points to lead Colby-Sawyer to an 85-71 victory over Worcester State in the consolation game of the Williams Tip-Off Tournament.
NEW LONDON — Senior Tianna Sugars (Oxford, Maine) became the 15th player in Colby-Sawyer women’s basketball history to reach 1,000 career points as she led all players with 28 to help the Chargers defeat Saint Lawrence, 63-58, in the championship game of the 2019 Colby-Sawyer Tip-Off Tournam…
CONCORD — Governor Chris Sununu spoke to an excited crowd of more than 100 people at the public announcement of the 2019 grant awards for the Land and Community Heritage Investment Program (LCHIP) in the Executive Council chamber of the State House Friday, Dec. 6.
NEWPORT — The Reprisal Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution honored chapter member Laura McCrillis Kessler, of Newport, for her election to the position of Historian General of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR).
NEW LONDON — The New London Barn Playhouse Board of Directors is pleased to announce the election of four new Board members and a new President. David Bashaw of Newbury, Maggie Ford of New London, Kim Packard of New London and Tom Stark of Elkins have been voted as members of the Board of Di…
NEW LONDON — Students at Kearsarge Regional High are learning to advocate for causes they believe in this school year, thanks to an Extended Learning Opportunity (ELO) at the school.
WASHINGTON — U.S. Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, issued the following statement after Senate and House conferees released the final version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for fiscal year (FY) 2020. The annual legislati…
NEWPORT — Conservation efforts are underway for Newport’s original war documents, dates ranging from 1812 to 1907.
PLYMOUTH — Colby-Sawyer senior Lexie Hamilton (Sunapee) became the program's 16th member of the 1,000-point club, and second player this year, as the Chargers defeated Plymouth State 73-58.
GRANTHAM — The Jazz on a Sunday Afternoon (JOSA) Series opens its 2019-2020 season with performances by two jazz legends—trumpeter Toru “Tiger” Okoshi on Dec. 8th and alto saxophonist Richie Cole on Dec. 22nd—at The Center at Eastman’s Bistro Nouveau.
NEW LONDON — The Municipal Budget Committee has given its unanimous approval to the proposed 2020 Kearsarge School District Warrant on a 7-0 vote.
NEW LONDON — The Kearsarge Regional School Board has recommended a school budget for 2020-21 calling for expenditures of $45,069,217.
UNITY — The 73rd Annual Meeting of the Sullivan County Conservation District takes place Dec. 9th at the Sumner House in Charlestown.
Thanksgiving is a holiday that centers around gratitude, family and friends, and a lot of food. A popular trend during the Thanksgiving holiday, “Blackout Wednesday” occurs on the Eve of Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the trend encourages the heavy consumption of alcohol.
NEWPORT — The Granite State FFA booth was developed and staffed by the members of the Sugar River Valley FFA Chapter of Newport, N.H. at the recent National Future Farmers of America Convention and Exposition held in Indianapolis.
NEWPORT—Nearly 70 members of the Area Choir have been rehearsing weekly in anticipation of performing in the 66th annual Christmas Concert to be held at the South Congregational Church in Newport.
New results from the largest long-term study of brain development and children’s health raise provocative questions about obesity and brain function.
SAN DIEGO — When Mary Prehoden gets dressed for work every morning, her eyes lock on the bite-shaped scar on her chest.
Sarah Mackin runs a cotton swab around the inside of a tiny plastic baggie that appears empty. She spreads whatever residue the swab picked up onto a test strip that resembles a Band-Aid, then slides the strip into a buzzing machine about the size of a boxed, take-home pie. Then she waits, h…
All living creatures have two sets of names: their vernacular or ‘common’ names and their scientific or ‘real’ names. There are strict rules for assigning scientific names, through the binomial nomenclature established by Karl Linné (Carolus Linneaus) in the 18th century, and more rules for …
I know people who say we shouldn’t be cutting down trees just to brighten our homes for the holidays. Trees are, after all, sequestering carbon and making our environment cleaner, greener, and all that. I disagree and will cut a fresh tree from my neighborhood tree farmer. I say Christmas tr…
Millions of us are headed to the malls, the box stores and to the internet to do some shopping this week. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over, but the shopping frenzy goes on. The shelves at the stores and in the warehouses are stacked with all sorts of technology devices to attract and b…
By Edward Jones
NEW YORK — If you’re lucky enough to be invited to a dinner party hosted by Questlove, be aware that nothing has been left to chance.