Catherine Firenze Scott CLAREMONT — Catherine Firenze Scott passed away peacefully on Feb. 14, 2021, at Valley Regional Hospital in Claremont, New Hampshire. She was 87 years old. Catherine was born in Florence, Italy, on July 8, 1933, and lived in Claremont, New Hampshire, for a large part of her life and was a graduate of Stevens High School. She always spoke fondly when she recalled living in the beautiful mountains of northern Italy and therefore, naturally loved the fields, hills, mountains and clear open skies of New Hampshire and Vermont. Once retired, she spent a few winter months in warm, sunny Florida now and then with family and friends, which was wonderful for her, as well. Anyone who knew Catherine found her to be of genuine Catholic faith, kind, loving and caring. Catherine is survived by her two sons, John Sawchik of Claremont. New Hampshire, and Michael Sawchik of Charlestown, New Hampshire; her sister, Gianna Gregorutti of Claremont, New Hampshire; her brother, Arthur Beebe of Charlestown, New Hampshire; daughter-in-law, Mary Ann Sawchik; grandchildren, Curtis Sawchik and Alyssa Sawchik; and great-granddaughter, Vyctoria Sawchik. A Catholic Mass will be celebrated at St. Mary Church in Claremont at 11 a.m. on Thursday. Feb. 18. Burial will follow in St Mary’s Cemetery.
- Pandemic-hit oyster farmers turn to conservation to survive
- Some proms are back, with masks, testing and distancing
- Of a Feather: Street urchins and barnyard brats
- All NH graduating high school seniors offered free community college class
- Council remains undecided over ATV access
- Claremont once again receives clean audit report
- Dartmouth College to allow more access starting June 1
- Hats off to Larry
- John V. James
- Patrick P. LaClair
- Bernice Jowett Pleisch
- COH, Claremont Soup Kitchen host ‘Chopped’-style cook-off fundraiser
- Charles B. Duncan
- John E. Barth
- Thomas P. Battista Sr.
- Sandra M. Barnish
- A Newport-Stevens rivalry never gets old
- Aron, Smith: Sullivan County Health Care project is about people, not politics
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.