Dieter S. Wegner NEWBURY — Dieter S. Wegner, 78, passed away on Oct. 7, 2020, at his home, after a period of declining health. He was born on Aug. 8, 1942, in Thorn, Germany, to the late Walter and Erika (Fenske) Wegner. Dieter grew up in Germany, moving to the United States when he was 25. He married Egena (Ejandra) Wegner and they shared 29 years together raising their family in Newbury. Dieter was a quiet man who let his kind actions speak for him. He could be a bit stubborn, but also had a great sense of humor. He worked at Sturm-Ruger in Newport, New Hampshire, for more than 30 years. He was a member of Warner Fish and Game Club and was an avid shooter and gun collector. He liked riding motorcycles and spending time with his friends and family. Dieter was predeceased by his parents. Surviving family include his loving wife, Egena Wegner of Newbury; daughter, Crystal Wegner of Lowell, Massachusetts; brother, Hagen Wegner of Germany; and faithful companion and four-legged friend, Barkley. Calling hours will be held on Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020, from 4-6 p.m. at Chadwick Funeral Home, 235 Main St., New London, New Hampshire. A funeral service will be held the following day, Sunday, Oct. 11, 2020, at 2 p.m. at the funeral home. Chadwick Funeral Service is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Police chiefs brave heat for charity
- Westminster honors elder residents
- NTSB release details in crash that killed 7 motorcyclists
- ICE settles lawsuit filed by immigrant activists in Vermont
- Bellows Falls, Windsor headed to the ship
- The Outside Story: Nothing barren about pine barrens
- Bramblings: Autumn farewell
- Renaissance Redneck: Lunar toons
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.