Donna J. Hemingway NEWPORT — Donna J. Hemingway, 83, passed away peacefully at home, surrounded by family, on June 8, 2020. She was born on Sept. 2, 1936, in Georges Mills, New Hampshire, to the late Donald and Merle (Woodward) Collins, and lived in the area her entire life. Donna worked as a secretary at a few local businesses and was employed in home health care. Donna loved being outdoors and special times at the ocean. She liked swimming, flowers and puttering in her garden. She enjoyed reading, sewing, knitting and music. It brought her joy and comfort to listen to her son play guitar in her later years. Donna and her sister-in-law and best friend since childhood, Val Hemingway, would go calluping in search of wine, ice cream and mischief. The two of them were affectionately called Thelma and Louise, and enjoyed many years of fun and friendship. Donna liked to cook with her grandkids and her great-granddaughter, and would cook a weekly meal with her. She enjoyed get-togethers at the Red Baron with friends and family. Donna attended the Methodist Church in Newport and later the Croydon Church. She had a wonderful sense of humor. She loved spending time with her family and friends. Thanks to her daughter-in-law, Linda, Donna was able to spend the last months of her life at Mike and Linda's home. Donna was predeceased by her parents; husband of 56 years, Allen "Punk" Hemingway, in 2012; companion, Bob Burby, in 2018; and sister, Doris Osgood. Surviving family include son, Michael Hemingway and wife Linda of Newport, daughter, Dodi Violette and husband Dana of Newport; grandchildren, Justin Hemingway and wife Shannon, Corey Violette and significant-other Katie and her children, Caleb and Summer; Alyssa Shepard and Logan Shepard; great-granddaughter, Ava Mae Violette; and many extended family members and friends. A celebration of Donna's life will take place at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to Lake Sunapee VNA and Hospice at P.O. Box 2209, New London, NH 03257; or to Sullivan County Humane Society at P.O. Box 111, Claremont, NH 03743. Newton-Bartlett Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Epstein pal arrested, accused of luring girls for sex abuse
- Congratulations to Leadership Southeast Vermont graduates
- Wet ballots worry NH election officials; Mass. gyms to reopen
- The Outside Story: Fascinating fishing spiders
- Bramblings: Independence vigilance
- Gardening Guy: Roses 101 — Easier to grow than you might think
- iRate: 15 shows to watch on Netflix
- Renaissance Redneck: Antiheroes — Part II
- Blakely Grace Nash
- Charlestown Selectboard OKs 80% rise in water rate
- Robert E. Bushway Jr.
- Garold “Gary” Richards
- Residents voice concerns over post office relocation
- Timothy D. Barton
- 2nd arrest after overdose death of woman pregnant with twins
- Fourth of July fireworks show canceled; Councilor questioned about Facebook post intentions
- Prep school responds to sex assault account in Vanity Fair
- Robert J. McCrossin
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.