Eleanor M. Kanto NEWPORT — Eleanor M. Kanto, 98, peacefully passed away on Oct. 4, 2020, at Woodlawn Care Center. Eleanor was born on July 19, 1922, in Holyoke, Massachusetts, to the late Herbert and Mary (MacDonald) Terrey. She was raised in Pennsylvania and Sherbrooke, Canada, before settling in Unity, New Hampshire, and then Newport, New Hampshire. She worked for Woodlawn Care Center doing housekeeping for over 18 years. She married Taitso Kanto on Nov. 18, 1946, and the two enjoyed 56 years together before he died in 2002. They enjoyed taking day trips to Vermont in their down time. Eleanor enjoyed reading, puzzles and doing crosswords. She was predeceased by her parents and her husband, Taitso. Surviving family includes her niece, Carol MacMullan of Colorado. A graveside service will be held in Pine Grove Cemetery in Newport, New Hampshire, on Friday, Oct. 9, 2020, at noon. Newton-Bartlett Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Police chiefs brave heat for charity
- Westminster honors elder residents
- NTSB release details in crash that killed 7 motorcyclists
- ICE settles lawsuit filed by immigrant activists in Vermont
- Bellows Falls, Windsor headed to the ship
- The Outside Story: Nothing barren about pine barrens
- Bramblings: Autumn farewell
- Renaissance Redneck: Lunar toons
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.