Eleanor “Punky” LaLiberty CHARLESTOWN — Punky LaLiberty, 83, of Port Orange, Florida, formerly of Charlestown, passed at home on March 3, 2021. Her brother, sister, brother-in-law and loving dog, “Lil' Fella,” were by her side. Punky was born to Ernest and Mildred Benware and raised in Charlestown, New Hampshire. She was an honor graduate of the class of 1955 at CHS. Always a fun loving, high spirited woman, Punky very much enjoyed dressing up to go out for the evening with friends and dancing. She and her late husband, Sam, made a very handsome couple and were often with friends and family laughing and enjoying life. The couple moved to Florida in the 1980s but returned frequently for various special occasions and Old Home Days. Charlestown was always “home.” Sadly, Punky was predeceased by her only child, Cindylee Bashaw Bates, in 2014; and husband of 51 years, Sam, in 2018. She leaves behind her brother, Robert Benware of Ormond Beach, Florida; sister, Linda and husband Joe Rounds of Pembroke, New Hampshire, and Port Orange, Florida; nephews, a niece and four cousins. A small memorial service will be held in Florida.
- Pandemic-hit oyster farmers turn to conservation to survive
- Some proms are back, with masks, testing and distancing
- Of a Feather: Street urchins and barnyard brats
- All NH graduating high school seniors offered free community college class
- Council remains undecided over ATV access
- Claremont once again receives clean audit report
- Dartmouth College to allow more access starting June 1
- Hats off to Larry
- John V. James
- Patrick P. LaClair
- Bernice Jowett Pleisch
- COH, Claremont Soup Kitchen host ‘Chopped’-style cook-off fundraiser
- Charles B. Duncan
- John E. Barth
- Thomas P. Battista Sr.
- Sandra M. Barnish
- A Newport-Stevens rivalry never gets old
- Aron, Smith: Sullivan County Health Care project is about people, not politics
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.