James J. McLean, M.D. BRYANT POND, Maine — James J. McLean, M.D., a longtime resident of Bryant Pond, Maine, died at his home on May 23, 2020. Born on Dec. 23, 1925, in Brooklyn, New York, he is survived by his wife, RoseMary; six daughters, three sons, their spouses; and 18 grandchildren. Dr. and Mrs. McLean bought a small cottage on Lake Christopher in 1969 and the family used it for years as a summer home. After retirement in 1994, they began significant renovations, doing most of the construction themselves and made it a year-round house. Dr. McLean was a graduate of Manhattan College and Georgetown University School of Medicine. He began his medical career when he established a private practice in internal medicine in Yorktown Heights, New York. During the 1970s, he was medical director at Saint Joseph’s Hospital in Reading where he was instrumental in establishing the hemodialysis unit. Dr. McLean was board-certified in Internal Medicine, a Diplomate, and a Fellow of the American College of the American Board of Internal Medicine. At his core, Jim was witty, inquisitive and adventuresome. For example, he lived and worked in Saudi Arabia during the 1980s. And, in retirement, he and RoseMary literally traveled around the world. Interment will be in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Valhalla, New York, at a future date. Donations in his honor can be made to the Bethel Food Pantry and mailed to Bethel Area District Exchange, P.O. Box 232, Bethel ME 04217.
- Epstein pal arrested, accused of luring girls for sex abuse
- Congratulations to Leadership Southeast Vermont graduates
- Wet ballots worry NH election officials; Mass. gyms to reopen
- The Outside Story: Fascinating fishing spiders
- Bramblings: Independence vigilance
- Gardening Guy: Roses 101 — Easier to grow than you might think
- iRate: 15 shows to watch on Netflix
- Renaissance Redneck: Antiheroes — Part II
- Blakely Grace Nash
- Charlestown Selectboard OKs 80% rise in water rate
- Robert E. Bushway Jr.
- Garold “Gary” Richards
- Residents voice concerns over post office relocation
- Timothy D. Barton
- 2nd arrest after overdose death of woman pregnant with twins
- Fourth of July fireworks show canceled; Councilor questioned about Facebook post intentions
- Prep school responds to sex assault account in Vanity Fair
- Robert J. McCrossin
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.