Joanne (Dubois) Lemieux CLAREMONT — Joanne L. (Dubois) Lemieux, 78, of Claremont, New Hampshire, died unexpectedly on Sunday, April 11, 2021. Joanne was born on Nov. 6, 1942, in Claremont, New Hampshire, to Maurice and Fannie Dubois. She attended Stevens High School and graduated from Charlestown High School. On Nov. 26, 1960, she married Gilles Lemieux. Together, they raised three children and co-owned and operated several local businesses, Dean Hill Motors Inc. and later, built and managed Pine Hill Mobile Home Court Inc. Upon their semi-retirement in 1987, they spent winters in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Joanne was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She enjoyed sewing, crafts, cooking, gardening and spending time with her family. She was an exceptional cook and a talented quilt maker. Many of her quilts can be found in the homes of her family members and friends. She is survived by her husband of 60 years, Gilles; her three children, Lisa Viens of Claremont, Michael Lemieux and his wife, Beth, of Claremont, and Angela Chicoine and her husband, Roger, of Surry, New Hampshire; seven grandchildren whom she cherished, Brandon and Krista Viens, Eric Lemieux, Emily Baldwin, Rachael Lemieux, Megan and Collin Chicoine; three great-grandchildren; and a sister, Susan Barna and her husband, Nick, of Sunapee, New Hampshire. A funeral Mass for Joanne will be celebrated Saturday, April 17, 2021, at 11 a.m. at St. Mary Church in Claremont, New Hampshire, with burial to follow in St. Mary Cemetery. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the funeral home and Lemieux family ask all attending the Mass and burial to abide with all regulations. Face masks and social distancing are required. No reception will follow at this time. The family suggests that, in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions be made to the Claremont Soup Kitchen, 53 Central St., Claremont NH. Arrangements are with Stringer Funeral Homes and Crematorium, 146 Broad St., Claremont, NH 03743. To view an online memorial or send a private message of condolence, visit www.stringerfh.com.
- After a 14-month closure, Kit ’N Kaboodle Thrift reopens
- Coach Silva captures 100th win for Stevens
- Renaissance Redneck: Billionaire’s beans
- Of a Feather: Happy-go-lucky cowbirds
- Arrested youth detention center worker was fired, rehired
- 'Sticker shock': Officials talk cost of Depot Street Bridge repairs
- New approach to grading looks to clarify district policy
- Vermont game warden service makes the 30X30 pledge
- Honoring Jada
- Six properties added to New Hampshire State Register of Historic Places
- Herbert W. Ball Jr.
- Officials explore new policies amid nursing home outbreak
- Charlestown woman dies after car hits tree on Vermont road
- Luke Winter Green
- Jacqueline Ford
- Robert L. Hicks
- Jada Spaulding Doyle
- Councilors rescind city's mask resolution; Sweetser resigns, cites workload
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.