Raymond Joseph Touchette NEWPORT — Raymond Joseph Touchette, 90, of Newport, passed away on June 19, 2020, at New London Hospital. Ray was born on June 5, 1930, in Claremont, to the late Joseph and Scholastique (Bernier) Touchette. He grew up in Newport before moving to Connecticut, then back to New Hampshire to Sunapee in the mid 1960s. Ray was a hard-working man that built several successful businesses over the years. He had a student pilot license, took pride in building his own pick-up camper and 5th wheel camper, liked traveling the U.S. and spending winters in Florida. Ray especially enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren. Ray is predeceased by his loving wife, Margaret (Peggy); his parents; his sister, Lillian Nutting; and his brother, Richard Touchette. He is survived by his children, Steven Touchette and wife Allison of Enfield, N.H.; Raymond S. Touchette of Greenfield, N.H.; Katherine Balch and husband Jeffrey of Sunapee, N.H.; Henry Touchette and wife Diana Lynn of Croydon, N.H.; and Carolyn Redman and husband Mikel of Claremont, N.H.; grandchildren, Bradford and Daniel Touchette, Ashley Beaudry, Brieann Spear, Taryn Bocko, Benjamin Balch, Kristen Reida, Brittany Touchette, Samantha Pifer, Kayley Erisman, Heather and Mark Girard, and Allyssa and Lydia Redman; great-grandchildren, Lyle George Touchette, Taylor, Emerson and Madelyn Beaudry, Addy Pifer, Calvin and Julia Hays, Tenley, Mikey and Kennedy Reida, and Elliana and Gavyne Girard; and sister, Pauline Christie. A Mass of Christian Burial will take place at St. Patrick's Church in Newport on July 11, 2020, at 11 am. Newton-Bartlett Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
- Epstein pal arrested, accused of luring girls for sex abuse
- Congratulations to Leadership Southeast Vermont graduates
- Wet ballots worry NH election officials; Mass. gyms to reopen
- The Outside Story: Fascinating fishing spiders
- Bramblings: Independence vigilance
- Gardening Guy: Roses 101 — Easier to grow than you might think
- iRate: 15 shows to watch on Netflix
- Renaissance Redneck: Antiheroes — Part II
- Blakely Grace Nash
- Charlestown Selectboard OKs 80% rise in water rate
- Robert E. Bushway Jr.
- Garold “Gary” Richards
- Residents voice concerns over post office relocation
- Timothy D. Barton
- 2nd arrest after overdose death of woman pregnant with twins
- Fourth of July fireworks show canceled; Councilor questioned about Facebook post intentions
- Prep school responds to sex assault account in Vanity Fair
- Robert J. McCrossin
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.