Rita Barbieri Bruce BELLOWS FALLS, Vt. — Rita Mary Angelina Josephina Barbieri Bruce, 90, of 22 Henry St., died April 12, 2021, at the Springfield Rivers Health and Rehab. She was born Nov. 9, 1930, in Bellows Falls, Vermont, the daughter of Augusto and Mary (Datti) Barbieri. She attended St. Charles School and was a 1948 graduate of Bellows Falls High School. Following high school, she earned an associate degree at Burdett College in Boston, Massachusetts. Rita worked as the Rockingham Town Clerk from July 1981 to her retirement in November 1995. She was a member of St. Charles Church, Women of the Moose and the Bellows Falls American Legion. Rita loved her family and her grandchildren were her pride and joy. On Sept. 1, 1950, in Brandon, Vermont, she married William Bruce who predeceased her. She is survived by her daughter, Diane Stack and her husband, Keith Stack; three grandchildren, Corina Anne, Austin William and Isabel Marie; and many nieces and nephews. She was also predeceased by two brothers, William and Francis Barbieri. There will be a Catholic Mass celebrating Rita on Saturday, April 24, at 11 a.m. at the St. Charles Catholic Church in Bellows Falls, followed by a burial in the St. Charles Cemetery in Westminster, Vermont. Fenton and Hennessey Funeral Home, 55 Westminster St., Bellows Falls, will be assisting with the arrangements. Donations in Rita's memory may be made to the Bellows Falls Area Senior Center, 18 Tuttle St., Bellows Falls, VT 05101.
- After a 14-month closure, Kit ’N Kaboodle Thrift reopens
- Coach Silva captures 100th win for Stevens
- Renaissance Redneck: Billionaire’s beans
- Of a Feather: Happy-go-lucky cowbirds
- Arrested youth detention center worker was fired, rehired
- 'Sticker shock': Officials talk cost of Depot Street Bridge repairs
- New approach to grading looks to clarify district policy
- Vermont game warden service makes the 30X30 pledge
- Honoring Jada
- Six properties added to New Hampshire State Register of Historic Places
- Herbert W. Ball Jr.
- Officials explore new policies amid nursing home outbreak
- Charlestown woman dies after car hits tree on Vermont road
- Luke Winter Green
- Jacqueline Ford
- Robert L. Hicks
- Jada Spaulding Doyle
- Councilors rescind city's mask resolution; Sweetser resigns, cites workload
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.