Robert C. Simms Jr. CHARLESTOWN — Robert Clifton Simms Jr., 72, of Charlestown, New Hampshire, passed away on Oct. 17, 2020, at his home with his family by his side. He was born in Claremont, New Hampshire, on Nov. 7, 1947, the son of Robert and Josephine (Hart) Simms. Bob was a U.S. Marine serving in Vietnam. He enjoyed going four- wheeling, being outdoors and spending time with his grandchildren. He is survived by his children, Tammy Simms of Alstead, Wendy Leahy of Westmoreland, Christine Scranton of Claremont and Robert Simms III of Charlestown; five grandchildren, Rebecca Scranton, Dalton Hutchinson, Kaleb Hutchinson, Camron Simms and Lexi Simms; two great-grandchildren; his sister, Deborah Simms. He was predeceased by his wife, Gloria (Fisher) Simms, whom he married on June 20, 1967, and she passed away on Aug. 7, 2011. A graveside service will be held in the West Claremont Burying Ground on Saturday, Oct. 24, at 11 a.m. with military honors and Priscilla Hull officiating. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the funeral home and Simms family ask all attending the service to abide with all regulations and please wear a mask and use social distancing. To view an online memorial or send a private message of condolence, visit www.stringerfh.com.
- Sullivan County jury trials canceled for January
- Forest Society protects 1.8 miles along the Ammonoosuc River
- Springfield grad has huge impact on soccer
- New Hampshire hoop season is a go
- Bramblings: Christmas crunch
- City scraps plans for local mask ordinance
- Of a Feather: Pining for grosbeaks
- Renaissance Redneck: O Christmas Tree
- Facebook post leaves Springfield residents in state of confusion
- Ralph E. Stoddard
- Springfield terminates town manager, cites litany of issues
- Claremont students to return to in-person learning after holiday break
- SHS graduate details unexpected journey into the sciences
- Michael E. Gintof Sr.
- No criminal charges expected in fatal Route 12 crash
- Steven L. Meyette Sr.
- Windsor Selectboard votes to end Jacob Street renaming debate
- Josephine F. Keefe
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.