Robert "Chip" Curtis CLAREMONT — Robert “Chip” Curtis, 54, of Claremont, New Hampshire, passed away on Thursday, June 18, 2020. Chip was born on Jan. 21, 1966, in Springfield, Vermont, to his parents, Donald and Helen (Dougherty) Curtis. Growing up, Chip loved fishing, racing and getting into trouble. He graduated from Springfield High School with the class of 1984. He married Stephanie (Miller) on May 17, 2014. Those who know Chip will remember him most for his wry sense of humor. He couldn’t resist a chance to banter. Chip was a gentle giant who had a soft spot for kids and animals. He was proud of so many things but especially proud to be “Bumpa” to his grandchildren, Tristen, Addison, Lydia and Brad. Chip loved his job as a bouncer at Time-Out Sports Bar and made many friends he came to call his family. In his free time, he enjoyed playing “Santa” and going on cruises with his wife, friends and anyone else he could convince to go. Chip is survived by his wife, Stephanie Curtis, Claremont, New Hampshire; his children, Alesha Lane (Tim), Claremont, New Hampshire, Sarah Merrill (Joshua Allen), Claremont, New Hampshire, Ben Fontaine, Claremont, New Hampshire, Jack Short, Isaiah Short, TJ Short; his grandchildren, Tristen, Addison, Lydia, Brad; his siblings, Herb (Teri) Pecor, Proctorsville, Vermont, Gary (Sandra) Curtis, Glastonbury, Connecticut, Lerlene Curtis, Eau Claire, Wisconsin; and numerous cousins, nieces, nephews and friends. Chip was predeceased by his parents, Donald and Helen Curtis; his siblings, Donald “Skip” Curtis, Merwin “Jimmy” Dougherty, Ralph Curtis, Jeff Curtis, Tina Harding and Debra Curtis. Graveside services will be held at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 24, in the Ascutneyville Cemetery in Weathersfield, Vermont. A public walk-thru visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. on Wednesday at the Roy Funeral Home, 93 Sullivan St., Claremont, New Hampshire. The family suggests that, in lieu of flowers, memorial contribution may be made to the Epilepsy Foundation, 8301 Professional Place West, Suite 230, Landover, MD 20785-2356. You are invited to share a memory of Chip with the family or leave a message of condolence in the family guest book at www.royfuneralhome.com.
- Epstein pal arrested, accused of luring girls for sex abuse
- Congratulations to Leadership Southeast Vermont graduates
- Wet ballots worry NH election officials; Mass. gyms to reopen
- The Outside Story: Fascinating fishing spiders
- Bramblings: Independence vigilance
- Gardening Guy: Roses 101 — Easier to grow than you might think
- iRate: 15 shows to watch on Netflix
- Renaissance Redneck: Antiheroes — Part II
- Blakely Grace Nash
- Charlestown Selectboard OKs 80% rise in water rate
- Robert E. Bushway Jr.
- Garold “Gary” Richards
- Residents voice concerns over post office relocation
- Timothy D. Barton
- 2nd arrest after overdose death of woman pregnant with twins
- Fourth of July fireworks show canceled; Councilor questioned about Facebook post intentions
- Prep school responds to sex assault account in Vanity Fair
- Robert J. McCrossin
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.