Ruth (Miller) Kemp LANGDON — Ruth Elizabeth (Miller) Kemp, 81, of Langdon, New Hampshire, died surrounded by her children Friday, Sept. 4, 2020, at the Cheshire Medical Center, Keene, New Hampshire. Ruth was born May 12, 1939, in Lowell, Massachusetts, the daughter of Richard and Marjory (Slade) Miller. Ruth attended school in Lowell, Massachusetts, and graduated as the valedictorian from Vilas High School in Alstead, New Hampshire. She worked as a machine operator at Walpole Wire, Whitney Blake and Mal-Tool. Ruth was an active member of Post 57 American Legion Auxiliary in Alstead. She was a member of the Alstead Congregational Church, was the Langdon librarian, and performed with the Langdon Players. Ruth served as supervisor of the checklist for many years in the town of Langdon. She enjoyed reading, watching game shows, playing board games and skunking many opponents at cribbage. Her favorite times were decorating her house and celebrating holidays with her family. Everyone looked forward to tasting whatever she would cook up in the kitchen. She adored time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, proud to be Great E visiting with her great grandson, Winston, every Saturday. On May 19, 1957, in Alstead, New Hampshire, she married William Kemp who died Dec. 4, 2008. She is survived by one son, Scott Lyle Kemp and wife Frances of Charlestown, New Hampshire; two daughters, Linda Ruth Fennessey and husband Joe of Walpole, New Hampshire, and Beth Kemp Edson and husband Michael of Charlestown, New Hampshire. She is also survived by four brothers, Richard Miller and wife Gail, Loring Miller, Ralph Miller and wife Deborah, and Ronald Miller and husband Scott; two sisters, Joyce Burns, and Diane Wooton and husband Patrick. Ruth's grandchildren are Heather Smith, Gwendolyn and James Edson, Sherrie LaBrie, Amanda and Stephen Anderson. She was also blessed with nine great-grandchildren. Ruth was predeceased by her husband, parents and sister, Nancy Jones. Calling hours will be held Friday, Sept. 11, 2020, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Fenton & Hennessey Funeral Home in Bellows Falls, Vermont. A graveside service will be held in the Lower Langdon Cemetery, Langdon, New Hampshire, at 2:30 Saturday, Sept. 12, 2020. Memorial contributions in Ruth's memory may be made to the Langdon Congregational Church, c/o Doug Beach, Route 12A, Langdon, NH 03602; or the Langdon Fire Department, Route 12A, Langdon, NH 03602.
- 2 charged over handling of veterans home outbreak; Indoor dining restrictions to be eased
- Windsor Walks towards wellness
- Hanover zips past Fall Mountain, 38-0
- Gardening Guy: Planting bulbs for spring blossoms
- The Outside Story: New England’s only lizard, the five-lined skink
- iRate: Millie Bobby Brown charms the audience as Enola Holmes
- Bramblings: Celebrate fall (or autumn)
- Renaissance Redneck: Pinky swear?
- School board approves plan to bring students back to class
- Police looking into connections between 2 late-night robberies
- Evelyn R. Bent
- Arline and Kenneth Hamel
- Patricia M. "Pat" Gould
- COVID case sends 6th graders back to remote learning
- Barbara M. Young
- Goal by Kress lifts Sunapee in 2nd overtime, 1-0
- Shirlene (Clough) Tremblay
- Windsor Walks towards wellness
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.