Viola E. LaFont CLAREMONT — Viola E. LaFont, 86, formerly of Elm Street in Claremont, New Hampshire, died Friday, Jan. 8, 2021, at the Elmwood Center at Claremont, following a period of failing health. She was born in Hanover, New Hampshire, on March 14, 1934, the daughter of Louis and Edith (Lombard) Fluette, and had been a longtime area resident. Viola had been employed in the housekeeping department at Valley Regional Hospital for 23 years. She was the widow of Armand LaFont who died on Sept. 7, 2013. Members of her family include a son, Kenneth LaFont and his wife, Melissa, Claremont, New Hampshire; two daughters, Gloria LaFont and her partner, Edward Tucker, Claremont, New Hampshire, Sheila Decker and her husband, Alan, Killeen, Texas; five grandchildren, Hailee LaFont, Steven Horsky, Justin Horsky, Brittany Green, Mikayla Tucker; two great-grandchildren, Emily and Michael Horsky; a sister, Mildred Blue, Windsor, Vermont; and several nieces and nephews. She was also predeceased by a son, Richard LaFont; a grandson, Cody LaFont; and two brothers, Bernard Fluette and Miland Fluette. There will be no visiting hours. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 18, in St. Mary’s Cemetery. You are invited to share a memory of Viola with the family or leave a message of condolence in the family guest book at www.royfuneralhome.com.
- New website, same business: The Ink Factory hosts virtual scavenger hunt with local flair
- Black women persevere to lead in Vermont despite harassment
- Phish guitarist to found substance abuse treatment center
- Bramblings: Behind the name
- Renaissance Redneck: The human battery
- Of a Feather: How the Canadians moved in
- Charlestown hosts in-person, virtual candidates forum
- CHA to put up to $17K toward Marion L. Phillips heating revamp
- Officials: Sober living facility renovations could be done by summer's end
- Linda Waryas
- Donna (Carpenter) Decato
- John Royce
- Robert Cornish
- Richard A. Neilsen Sr.
- Owners of company involved in crash that killed 7 charged
- Arthur R. Messer
- Officials: Tiny house law would limit local authority, lacks clear safety rules
- Robert A. Richner Jr.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.